Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Preparing to Knock My Socks Off

Ask and you shall receive!! Oh my goodness! I come to you today filled with all kinds of excitement, drive, determination, and my motivation has been restored. Today is, indeed, a good day.

So let me come clean with you for a minute… I’ve been wandering in a daze for the past several weeks. Not knowing head from tail, and I haven’t been able to put one foot in front of the other for even the simplest of tasks. I regularly eat motivation for breakfast, but it seemed as if my cupboards were bare all of a sudden. Every ounce of discipline and drive I’m accustomed to having had suddenly disappeared just to be replaced with worry and fear. And for anyone that knows me (even a little) you know that worry and fear are not me. Not at all. I spit in the face of Worry and Fear. I’ve never invited them to dinner, as they are not welcome at my table. But somehow, some way they inched their way in…through some small crack in my foundation…they seeped through, turning me into a shadow of my former self. Robbing me of all my greatness and stealing the very essence of my soul. And as of last night I’d had enough. Here I am moving into the final quarter of 2012, and I’m barely moving at all. This was unacceptable, and something had to be done, but I felt like I’d exhausted every single avenue of hope. So, while on my way to a meeting last evening, I prayed. I asked God for clarity in all the areas that I’d been struggling, and I asked Him to restore my motivation. I reached my destination, and as I waited for the meeting to begin I shared my puzzle with my dear friend, Jonathan Castile (who is currently appearing in a national JC Penny commercial – congrats, JC [and this JC stands for Jonathan Castile]). And let me tell you how God works: JC had just finished reading a book that day that held the key to my troubles. And in just a few minutes of conversation it was all very clear – crystal. Clearer than any spring-day sky you’ve ever seen. But do you understand that had I called him a week ago seeking advice he wouldn’t have had it to give – at least not in the ‘nail-on-head’ way that he was able to post reading this book. I mean, he recharged my battery and set me straight. My homework assignment? To get my own copy of this book and read it before I meet with JC next week. The book? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This is the second time that I’ve been told that a book will “change my life.” The first time was regarding The War of Art by Steven Pressfield, and that friend was right. I read it December 2009 and it changed my outlook on planning and goal-setting and paved the way for an amazing 2010. I have no idea what The Alchemist has in store, but just going off that bit of conversation I had with Jonathan; I have a feeling I’m about to have my socks knocked off. And believe me; I could use a little shaking up right now, so I am thoroughly excited. His recommendation couldn’t have come at a better time. Thank you, JC!! You are, indeed, my brother! And I won’t even tell Alicia that you’ve said I was your favorite sister – that’s our secret.

So the race is off! I’m ready to get my socks knocked off, and I’m ready to witness miracles in the month of March. This is gonna be good, people. Oh! Last night’s meeting! I went to RUNES to get their help with the Rihanna pitch video. They are not only good friends, but they do awesome work. See for yourself:
http://youtu.be/Ki9xwuCFoKc. Thank you, RUNES. Thank you, Jonathan. Thank you, God. March…I hope you’re ready for me, ‘cause I’m about to be blowing seven different kinds of smoke. (You only get that if you’ve seen You, Me and Dupree. Thank you, Owen Wilson.)

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment