Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Slide Into Your Happiness



Two months down and we have managed to crawl our way into March.  Already – right?  And my, oh my, am I feeling good.  I truly am.  I literally feel like I’m bursting at the seams with energy, and my heart is heavy with hope, faith, belief and excitement.  The only thing I really want to share with everyone today is happiness and the fact that it’s out there for the taking.  Each and every one of you is due your slice and your fair share.  If you are stuck living a life that doesn’t bring you happiness; it’s your fault.  If you are not being completely fulfilled in your current day-to-day; you have the power to change that.  If you have dreams that you’ve locked away; you still possess the key to bring them out of hiding.  If you look in the mirror and you hate the person you’ve become; I’m telling you now – you no longer have to be that person if you don’t want to be.  Happiness and fulfillment are well within your reach and you can have them both.  You should have them both, and you should only be disappointed with yourself if you don’t. 

Listen.  If you say to a child, “You can be anything you want to be,” why shouldn’t that statement still hold true for those over 18 years old?  Why not?  And don’t talk to me about responsibility.  Don’t talk to me about being a single mom or a single dad.  Don’t.  My question to you is, “Do you still believe you can be anything you want to be?”  My guess is you don’t.  I’m willing to put money on the fact that you believe your situation to be the rule, and when people are able to realize their dreams, they are the exception as far as you're concerned.  You know what??  Poppy-cock!  Someone sent you a package full of lies and you were the fool that signed your name when the delivery guy came, because it doesn’t have to be like that.  This world is filled with example after example of people overcoming seemingly insurmountable odds to get what they wanted.  In my opinion they are the rules to live by, not your neighbor/buddy/friend that believes that bad luck is the only kind of luck that exists.  Why don’t you let them have all the bad luck they want while you claim something a little different for yourself?

Let’s talk real quick about your job.  If you’re working a job that you don’t particularly care for, but you need it to provide – I’m not suggesting you dump it without a second thought.  Be mindful of your situation and your needs.  I am suggesting, however; that you look pick up some outside-of-work activities that will put a smile on your face and recharge your battery.  If you feel like your 9 to 5 is sucking the life out of you, then it is your duty to restore that life with things that feed your soul.  Exercising, volunteering, drawing, painting, singing, more time with your children, reading, dancing, or even taking some classes at your local community college.  Perhaps with some additional training and skills you’ll be able to walk away from that job and into a better one that’s not bleeding you dry emotionally.  All I’m asking is that you think outside the box.  I don’t want a single one of you to settle for unhappy.  It’s not cool, it’s not cute, and there’s so much more to life.  If you believe that the first grader has the power to be anything he/she wants to be, I beg that you also believe that for yourself.

Here’s my year so far…

JANUARY
I received the final version and accompanying products for my STILL STANDING logo.  STILL STANDING is my personal message of survival that will be the final bit of punctuation necessary to round out my brand.  Items aren’t yet available for purchase, but they soon will be.  I want to thank Spencer Owens and his wonderful team at 1Six5 Designs for making my dream a reality.

FEBRUARY
I received the final word that STEPPING ON A FEW TOES would have its east coast debut in New York City on the campus of College of Mount Saint Vincent.

Please, please, please do not be a bystander in your own life.  There is no reason you should be watching from the sidelines.  Make the decision to be active and participate and don’t stop until you’ve claimed your happiness.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES. 

photo:  www.stockfreeimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment