Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pausing for a Moment



I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t send out a few warm thoughts and prayers for those that have been affected by Superstorm Sandy. Whether the damage was large or small I am thinking of you all.  I went to bed with you on my mind and the storm’s aftermath was the first thing I thought of this morning when I awoke.  I’m a native North Carolinian so I’ve grown up with hurricanes.  I’m very familiar with wading in ankle-deep water, I know a thing or two about boarding up windows, and I’ve even spent a night in a shelter.  But Sandy is something none of us have ever before experienced, and I just want you all to know that I am sincerely thinking of you, and praying that everyone is able to put the pieces of their lives back together sooner rather than later.  Keep your heads up and continue to remain positive.

For those that weren’t directly affected by Sandy, if you’re able, please think about giving to your local Red Cross.  Those that were directly hit will need as much help as they can get in the coming days and weeks.  If you’re able to donate time, unperishable food items, clothing, or monetary gifts, please consider doing so. 

That’s really all I want to say today. 

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment