Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

Can You Hear My Smile?






Hi, Ms. Joas! To anyone else that happens upon this blog, Ms. Joas is the name of my one faithful reader. Since I know she’s out there, I will, from time to time, address her by name if it’s all the same to you (whoever you might be).

I’ve been on a brief siesta sulking, licking my wounds, and grieving over the personal issue that I’ve had to deal with. I believe I’m slowly coming out of the funk, and am now ready to dig back in there. I heard myself smile with excitement on Wednesday (yes, my smiles are audible), and it was the realization that I needed to remind me that life does go on. Bad stuff happens, but life always goes on (unless that bad thing takes your life). So here I am, creeping out from under the rock where I was hiding. I’m admittedly frail and weak, but I think I’m ready to face the world again. Bottom line, I’ve got much to do to not only get ready for my January 26th performance, but also for this amazing 2012 I’m about to be blessed with. Yes, I’m totally claiming it – I dare you to try to stop me.

It is official, and I am official. As of Wednesday, December 21, 2011, when asked, “What do you do?” my response will be, “I’m an actor.” Because Ms. Joas, I AM! Yeppers, my SAG card came in the mail on Wednesday, and it was just the ray of light that I needed to push me out of my dark spell. Yaaay, SAG!

Moving onward and upward…I’ll be spending the next few days generating leads for the show in Dallas, Houston & Hawaii, taking a look at an Australian theater festival, and organizing the UK lead info I’ve been given thus far. For January’s show I’ve got to design the show program and the new flyers to be used. I’ve also got to get the online ticketing set up to go live as of the first of the year. I’ve got to see that we generate a new press release that will be ready to go out as of the first, and I’ve got to follow up on some leads to do reviews of the show. Lots to do…lots to do. I’ve also got to get some headshots over to Stein so they can pick what they feel best represents me.

I’m a SAG actor now, so suck it, rainy days!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

1 comment:

  1. This faithful reader is one lucky gal! LOL Congratulations on receiving your SAG card!!! And I think I may have heard your smile too ;)

    ReplyDelete