Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Photo That Changes My Life



So, gang (who’s name is apparently Barbara), I’ve taken a personal blow this week that got me down a bit more than slightly. I’m still getting over it, and as soon as I can talk about it without wanting to fling myself into oncoming traffic, I’ll fill you in. BUT professionally, things are cooking with gas, and the show MUST go on – and it does.

I just received the final-final file of the brochure from my designer, and it is kick-a$$! It’s pretty dog’on awesome, and I’m so excited to have it as a promo tool for the show – SO excited!

$2335.00 dollars later, and I am officially a member of the Screen Actors Guild (or SAG for the thespians)!! Who-hoo!! Very, very, very exciting! My SAG ID# is 1131959 to all looking to hire someone like me. I am ready and available to work!! Yaay, me!

The contracts have been signed, and I am officially managed by STEIN ENTERTAINMENT GROUP (
www.steinentertainment.com/). I am so insanely excited about my partnership with them, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what 2012 brings for me (and them).

I’m working on booking a gig for the show while in Hawaii. I’ve been given the contact information for a women’s group out there that may have some interest in hosting the show – keep your fingers crossed for me.

What else? Ummm…this personal thing that I’m having to deal with brings several set-backs with it, and for that I’m walking with right much disappointment right now. In my head the only thing that will make this pain go away is a big bowl of cheesy, homemade mashed potatoes. Emotional eater, much? I already know. That’s the cross – nay, ONE of the crosses that I have to bear. #dontjudgeme But I know that in time, this, too, shall pass. Silver lining?? I was at an industry networking function this past Friday night and I won a $500 gift certificate for a headshot/photo session with Greg Crowder himself (
www.gregcrowderphotography.com/)!! Oh yeah! =insert happy dance= In my head he’s about to give me the session of a lifetime that will result in the photo that changes my life. Come January, I’ll be ready for you, Greg!!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

1 comment:

  1. Your setback is nothin' but a setup for a comeback! *cheesy dance for the obvious cliche* ! Haha! Keeping you in my prayers Jas!

    ReplyDelete