Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

I Need You

I’m gonna detour briefly from STEPPING ON A FEW TOES and talk about relationships today. Ok, so I’m not completely driving off-road, but you get my drift. Over the past few weeks I’ve met with different friends for one reason or another, and have, in most cases, shared with them the inner turmoil I’ve been experiencing. And in each case that I shared, each friend had some words of wisdom for me – and they weren’t the same words. Each of them had something special, something worthwhile, or some meaningful tidbit to encourage me. It kind of left me scratching my head wondering why the heck I hadn’t called them sooner!

Then one of them talked to me about the importance of maintaining meaningful relationships. If there is someone in our lives that is important to us we HAVE to make the necessary effort to maintain that relationship. We have to. And it’s almost for our own good – not theirs. Not to say they won’t benefit from the camaraderie, but we, ourselves, need people. My strength and independence can be my greatest qualities and my biggest hindrances at the same time, and I’m finally seeing that. Being strong and independent isn’t nearly as attractive as I believed it was. I’ve always thought that “weak, needy, and helpless” were not only synonyms, but also attributes of a lesser being. Definitely not words that I’d ever want to be associated with me – God no. But I’m learning. It is a process, but I am, indeed, learning.

So to the people that I hold near and dear to my heart, you will begin to hear from me a bit more frequently. I owe it to you to let you know how much you mean to me, and I owe it to myself because I need you, and I’m finally at a place where I’m comfortable saying that.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Jasmynne, what beautiful words you shared.
    I hope that inner turmoil you're going through will soon ripple to a calm.
    You're lucky to have special friends.
    I've been going through something tough myself. For the first time in my life I also realized how important a good friend can be.
    Yet, sometimes I find more solace in solitude, in the company of a cup of tea and a book.

    Let me share with you some words by Marcel Proust, from "Swann's Way": "For hearts that are wounded, as mine is, there is no remedy but silence and shadow".

    I hope you're enjoying your first Spring weekend.
    Come by my blog anytime and there's a virtual cup of tea waiting for you. Do you prefer Green or White tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay...my dear, Jay...let me tell you...I 'heart' you so much right now. My goodness. What tree did you fall from? Where is it? And is it still bearing fruit? You are a gem! Thank you a hundred times for such kinds words and for sharing with me. You are too many things, and you just keep right on surprising me!

    Yes. My turmoil is all but gone. Just dealing with the residuals now. I think the worst of it is over (thank goodness!). And I'm right there with you -- me and Solitude are besties. She's gotten me through many a rough spot, and she's the first person I turn to when I'm in a pickle. But I've had to realize that my friends won't think ill of me if I come to them with my troubles. That was the tough part. I just assumed no one wanted to hear it. Assumed it'd be too much of a bother. I've recently been told otherwise, and now it's up to me to put it to the test.

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading, for commenting and for sharing. You are all kinds of awesome!

    PS: green

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very powerful! I thank God for your journey and the tools He gave you to overcome its challenges. I thank you for allowing us to join you as you discover more about you, and share your journey with the world! It is exciting to see what develops! Our loving Father as bestowed you with many gifts. What a blessing you are, and will continue to be!

    Love,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Jasmynne,
    Thank you for your words, I really don't know what to say, except that we must have fallen from the same tree then.

    I saw the websites for "Stepping on a Few Toes".
    I wanted to congratulate with you. I watched the trailer of your show too after reading the brief summary. I would so much like to see it one day!

    Ok, I have to go write my Wednesday post now!
    I wish you to enjoy what's left of the week.

    Thank you again for your kind words.

    P.S. Green it is!

    ReplyDelete