Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Replacing Ryan Seacrest

You know what?? Before I get started with anything I’m going to take three seconds to remind my one or two faithful readers that tomorrow is my birthday. For fear of beating a dead horse, I’ll leave it at that.

So! Well you can’t see me grinning over here, but the interview was a success! I really can’t imagine a way that it could have gone any better. Thank you to all of the supporters of the Rare Woman show and thank you to any of my supporters that were able to catch the live broadcast. Your support meant the world. As I mentioned, I’d never done a radio interview before, and it’s very easy to get the feeling that you’re speaking to thin air. It’s not like live theatre where you can see, feel, taste and smell your audience. It’s radio. Maybe they’re tuned in and maybe they’re not. Who knows… So the best feeling in the world was sixty seconds after the show was over, my phone rang and it was my dear friend Vince, and I immediately knew that he’d been listening to the live broadcast. Yes! I wasn’t talking to thin air. Then after I hung up with Vince, one of the hosts shared with me a couple of texts that had come in from listeners commenting on something that I’d said. What!?!? People were actually listening! Now ya’ll are just gonna have to give me a second. My name isn’t Ryan Seacrest, and I’m not a radio personality. I’m not accustomed to speaking into the mic on the daily. That’s not my deal – so you’ll forgive me for being overly thrilled to learn that listeners actually listened! Yeah, I’m kind of amazed. (Shut up – I know it doesn’t take much.)

I’m not gonna spend a lot of time here going into the details of the interview itself. It will soon be available to share with you, so I’ll wait until then so that you’re able to draw your own conclusions (should you choose to listen). Just know that it was a great experience. Very fulfilling, very encouraging, and very uplifting – for me! It was great! And I have to say thank you to the Rare Woman platform for allowing me to share my story with their listeners. They are an amazing bunch of women, and I’m grateful to know each of them.

So, yes…you can add it to my resume. I do radio now and I’m gunning for Ryan’s job.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments:

  1. One of your two readers came by to say happy birthday!
    And congrats on your radio interview. I didn't listen yet, but I will.
    I spoke in the radio two or three times back in Australia. I didn't feel talking to thin air though, I was very much aware that people were listening... and that scared me even more. I was confirmed that when we got a couple of phone calls live!!
    It was a great experience!
    Ad maiora!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jay!! Wonderful to hear from you again! You keep me motivated and inspired. I'm still barely learning my way around the blogosphere, but I'm not nearly as overwhelmed as I was back in November. I took your advice, and it's definitely calmed alot of my nerves. You're a wonderful guide and mentor! Thanks a mill!

      Delete