Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Preparing For the Storm



This is my final posting for March and the close of this year’s first quarter. For the three readers that have been with me since January, you remember that I set out to accomplish “one thing each month.” We’re three months in, one quarter in, and I’m gonna take a second to recap my year thus far…

JANUARY
STEPPING ON A FEW TOES
successfully completed another run by participating in Whitefire Theatre’s Solofest 2012.

FEBRUARY
I participated in another installment of URBAN LEGENDS, a poetry showcase held several times a year in Hollywood, CA.

I co-directed the short play THE BLACK HISTORY OF POLITICS written by Justin Key.

MARCH
I was a featured guest on the Rare Woman show, and the interview can be heard here:
http://gvbradio.com/archives/rarewoman-031612.mp3

With one quarter down and three to go, the year is officially underway. We are IN folks! I’m both excited and nervous as I know there is something different about 2012. There is something fundamentally different about this year. I can’t put my finger on it, and I can’t put it into words. I just know that there are some major forces at work: good and bad, and to make any substantial headway I’m gonna have to keep my battle suit on at all times. I feel like this will be my toughest year yet, and possibly my most rewarding at the same time. I just pray I have the courage to keep going when all hell breaks lose, ‘cause it’s gonna happen. So I ask: will you stand with me? Will you commit to facing fear head on and continuing when the windstorms of life knock you down? Ugh…windstorms…they can be tricky and mighty powerful. Let’s prepare and brace ourselves now. You with me?

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments:

  1. I sure am.
    There's something very Romantic in your description; reminds me of a painting by Turner: the little man, standing on a cliff and the rage of the waves crashing threateningly against that cliff.
    I also have the same feelings; 2012 is going to be - well, is a tough, tough year.
    If hell breaks loose, all we can do is face it; I'm afraid each of us is going to be alone in the task. Each of us has their share of hell to face. But, my dear Jasmynne, as we go face it, we can definitely hold hands and support each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! And you are so right. Know that my virtual hand is always extended!

    ReplyDelete