Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Still Standing


'Tis a happy day, indeed. It's official! It's done and it's in the bag. I have just recorded my very first poetry CD! (this is the part where you applaud or offer some sort of congratulatory remark)

The title of the CD is “Still Standing,” and it contains ten of my original poems set to music composed/written/produced by Jasonic Audio. With the intro and outro it's a total of twelve tracks that welcome you into my life and give you a clearer picture of where I came from. This collection contains some of the most personal pieces that I've ever written, and it's taken me a while to get the guts to put myself on display like this. But I'm ready, and it's time. In order to heal some of my deepest wounds I've got to stop hiding and I have to begin revealing. I can't deal with the ugly if I'm afraid or ashamed to talk about it. So for what it's worth, I'm letting you in, and I'm bearing my soul.

Individual tracks will soon be available via iTunes, and the complete disk is available for purchase for $13.00 USD.

This is a project that I've wanted to do for some time but I kept running into one hurdle after another. Thankfully I didn't give up, because what I've got is a body of work and a product that I am thoroughly proud of. And I'd be a fool to not shout out Jasonic Audio. He has lent his original sounds to create something that I never would have been able to do on my own. I am completely grateful to him and his artistry.

And to anyone reading this blog...if you or someone you know needs a little pick-me-up, “Still Standing” will do the trick – believe me or don't believe me, get the disk and see for yourself.

Still Standing”
original poems by Jasmynne Shaye
produced by Jasonic Audio
$13.00 USD
or call for more info: 323.347.8554

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments:

  1. This is really great, congratulations!
    I'll get the cd as soon as possible and listen to it!

    Yes, I think it takes guts to open up to the world, especially given the misunderstandings people may incur to, or the misinterpretation you have to deal with...

    I really look forward to listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay, I would LOVE for you to hear it! Yes, yes, Yes!! And thank you in advance for being so supportive!

      Delete