Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

All Peace With Zero Doubt

Uncertainty vs. certainty.  These are two absolutes.  There is no such thing as being “a little uncertain” or “almost certain.”  Trust me…if you are not completely certain you are automatically uncertain – no matter the percentage. 

500 Days Of Summer.  I didn’t care for it.  No, I mean I REALLY didn’t care for it.  But for some silly reason I rewatched it recently, and it took the whole movie, but this is what I got out of it.  Right there just about at the end Summer says:

“I just woke up one morning, and I knew.”
He responds:  “See that’s what I don’t get.  Knew what?”
She answers:  “What I was always uncertain of when I was with you.”

B  A  M  !!!!

Did you hear that?  Whew!  I had to hit pause, sit up, stare at my screen, hit rewind, and listen again.  Yep.  That’s what she said.  I heard her correctly the first time.  Holy-jamoley.  That small exchange hit me like a ton of bricks.  Uncertainty vs. certainty.  How many times have we been doing something or been in a situation and we kept saying to ourselves or to our friends, “I’m just not sure about xxx.”  Some of us will even carry on this thread of conversation for days…weeks…months… and even years.  Years go by and you’re still saying, “I’m just not sure.”  Hellooooooo!!!  That phrase ‘just not sure’ is equivalent to UNcertain.  Uncertain is equivalent to not right.  Not right is equivalent to wrong.  So whatever that thing, person, or situation is that you’re ‘just not sure’ about is wrong.  Period.  If the shoe doesn’t fit like a glove then it’s the wrong size.  If you don’t have complete peace about this thing, person, or situation then it’s wrong.  That’s it.  Hear me when I say this, 90% sure = uncertain just like 15% unsure = uncertain.  Sorta’ kinda’ has no place in this game.  It really is all or nothing.  And either you’re sitting where Summer sits and you ‘just know’ or you’re sitting on the other side of the table with some form of doubt.  And all I want to do is to get you to think a little bit.  Some of us are spending far too much time with things, people, and situations that don’t give us complete calm and peace.  The question is WHY??  For what reason?  Seriously?  Because you have nothing better to do?  Miss me with that.  There is always something better that you could be doing with your time.  Perhaps that something better requires a bit a sacrifice and some changing on your part, but you ALWAYS have an option.  Always.  Stop pretending you don’t.  There is a life and a world of certainty out there that you’re missing out on because you’d rather stay stuck in your ‘just not sure’ situation.  Well good luck with that.  I would much rather you make the decision to shed that mess and welcome the peace that awaits you.  Seriously.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jasmynne,
    I've been missing in action for a while, sorry. Been very busy!

    I like your post. It reminds me of something DeNiro said in a movie titled "Ronin": "If you have a doubt, there's no doubt".
    I agree with what you said.
    I also found myself, at times, in situations where I asked myself, "Am I certain of all this?". Asking myself the question was per se answering it, right? But I confess that I lingered sometimes, because I considered that my uncertainty might stem from wrong perceptions. Well, it never did, I lately realized.
    Thank you for sharing your view. It was a thought-provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, Jay...you are most welcome, and as always thank you for reading and sharing. And on a somewhat unrelated topic, I absolutely LOVE Cirque Du Soleil. I've seen a few of their shows and I always leave in awe and completely inspired. I am far from being able to contort my body into a pretzel but that never stops me from coming home and trying my hardest. I usually end up looking like I've played one too many rounds of Twister...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete