Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Seeing Is Not Believing

I feel like I’m forever beginning a blog with, “I just had a wonderful conversation with _______.”  So you’ll have to forgive me but today is no different.  The thing is when you’re being stretched it seems as if insight and wisdom dwell in every crack, crevice and corner.  So even off-the-cuff conversations end up providing rich nuggets of knowledge that I never see coming – that I could have never planned for.  And that is my story today.
 
The conversation began with us just catching up with one another, but then we began to talk about faith….believing in the unseen.  When faith is involved, seeing is not believing.  You actually believe before you see.  I think sometimes we think we have faith – HUGE faith, but we really don’t know what we’re made of until that so-called faith is tested.  I don’t think we really know what we would do in any given situation until we’re faced with it.  I believe we’d like to think we’d handle things a certain way, but it’s only when we are slapped in the face with said event that we truly find out what we’re made of.  It’s easy to preach ‘faith’ to others that are dealing with difficulty, but would we feel the same way if that cancer diagnosis was ours?  If we just learned our unborn child has Down syndrome?  If our loved one was killed in a tragic accident?  If it was our child that was strung out on drugs, would we still have faith?  Would we still believe that a positive turn-around was possible?  When we are constantly told no, and opportunity seems to stop knocking at our door, will you still have faith?  Even though there is no physical evidence that your success is coming or that it’s even possible, will you still believe that it is?  I’m gonna’ take it one step further:  will you still DECLARE your unseen success to others?  Will you still proclaim your accomplishments even though you appear to be failing?  That’s a tough one.  That’s a real tough one.  But I think once you can answer ‘yes’ to both of those questions; you can rest assured that you’ve got rock-solid faith.  And THAT’S where you want to be.  Unstoppable.  Unshakable.  Irrepressible.  Faith.  Forget what you see…forget what the circumstances say…forget the advice of the cautious.  You don’t care, and none of that matters, because you have faith.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES

No comments:

Post a Comment