Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Back to Life




Hello, fellow reader. So it happened…I broke my posting ritual, and interestingly enough it seems as if only one person noticed so I’m writing today’s blog directly to her. I won’t call her by name, but she wrote to me and begged that I blog soon. OK – well maybe she didn’t beg, but she did call me out for not blogging. And, yes, it felt good. It felt good to know that there is a seemingly faithful reader (or two) out there.

Alright, alright. Enough about that. Before I get started here, just want to mention that URBAN LEGENDS had a wonderful show this past Sunday night. It was unfortunately the same day that Whitney Houston was pronounced dead (may she rest in peace) and the night of the Grammy’s. We were competing with a lot, but it was a great show nonetheless. I’m looking forward to our April installment.

STEPPING ON A FEW TOES? Well we’re rocking and rolling! I was introduced to a fantastic contact at The Rare Woman. They are an organization that is speaking out about abuse and helping women heal from the damage that abusive pasts cause. The organization also has a radio show that I will be featured on in March just before heading out to Barbados. In addition, they are speaking about the possibility of hosting a performance so that I can share my story with their group. Very, very exciting. This is definitely the kind of thing I want to be doing with STEPPING ON A FEW TOES, and I am thrilled to be having this conversation with The Rare Woman.

Let’s see…what else…OH! I met another individual last week that gave me some fantastic marketing ideas for the show. Oh my gosh! I’m not even sure how the conversation got started, but this guy had some awesome ideas, and I’m going to try my hardest to implement them both. They will both require a bit of work – different kinds of work, but I think the first idea he gave me I can try to get to work on asap. The other is a bit more creative, and will require me to create some partnerships of sorts. I know, I know. “Why the secrets, Jasmynne?!” And it’s not that I’m trying to keep things under lock and key with a zipped lip, I just haven’t had time to really explore the ideas myself and I want to be able to do that before I go blabbing about something that may or may not even work. I’m confident they will, but I want to do my research first. Fair enough?

OK, Purple Lady (she knows who she is)! Onward and upward we move! I believe I mentioned that I’m co-directing a play with Justin Key this month. The show is a part of a Black History Month tribute that his church is doing. Rehearsals have been going well, and I’m looking forward to February 26th to see the finished product, ‘cause it’s gonna’ be funny!

Again, my apologies for missing a post. I was experiencing technical difficulties with my computer, but I am now back to life.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment