Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

Preparing to Set Sail

As mid-month makes its way in, I’m thinking not about Valentine’s Day, but about my upcoming travels. Barbados in March and Hawaii in April. Who do I think I am, right? For a person that has done little to no traveling since 2005, I’m really doing it up in 2012. I was just informed that my host hotel in Barbados will be the lovely Divi Southwinds (http://www.diviresorts.com/resorts/southwinds/index.html) you see in the photo here. And, yes, I am very excited.

There is still much to do, however. My biggest hurdle will be figuring out the most safe and economic way to ship my costumes and props. Mind you, I’m not trying to get mirrors, chairs, and baskets from one side of the world to the other. I will only be traveling with the essentials. All the bulky items I can get once I’m there, but the costumes and wardrobe boxes/closets are a must. For the wardrobe boxes/closets I’m looking for one of those specialized shipping containers that are often used for trade shows and such. A sturdy plastic rectangular-shaped box or case of sorts. Looks like one site is calling it an Expo Transport Case. Whatever the name – I’m gonna’ need one. Then there is the situation of the luggage. Airlines have gotten so ridiculous about the size, weight, and number of checked bags allowed that it’s gonna’ be tricky. I’ll be going with my standard luggage, in addition to the show’s costumes – and that’s a doozie… Soooooo it’s gonna’ take a little work and maneuvering on my end, but I think I’m up to it. However, if anyone is actually reading this post and has some ideas on shipping I’d love to hear from you. Shoot Noelle an email at soft_noelle@yahoo.com. We can take all the suggestions we can get.

Other than shipping and learning my lines, I’ve also got to make certain I’m well stocked on promo materials. One doesn’t go to a different city let alone another country without sufficient promo materials for all the new friend you’re sure to make. And then of course, there’s Rihanna. The good girl gone bad. I’ve not forgotten about you Ri Ri….you’ll be hearing from me soon.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment