Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Today I type with pride as I seem to be back on shed-ule. Yes, I said shed-ule. I’m a snobby Brit in my head and it comes out in my speech from time to time. Don’t judge me.

OK, so there is lots going on. Never mind that I’m a bit out of sorts because they are re-flooring the kitchen/dining area in my apartment. Why out of sorts? Well because that area is home to my computer and work desk. So it’s been moved, disconnected, and placed elsewhere until the work is complete. And I’m such a dedicated writer (stretching it a bit, I know) that today I blog to you from a friend’s PC (I’m a PC). Forgive me for piling on the unrelated info, but I just wanted someone out there to know that I’m going the extra mile today.

Moving on…I had a great meeting with Catherine Hooper yesterday, and now the ball is in my court to write up a script for this Rihanna pitch video we’re trying to do. If I can pull this off, and actually get the thing done, it’s actually gonna’ be pretty cute. Funny even. So to all those sending me good vibes, please keep it up as I’ll be needing an extra dose or two this week.

I’m beginning to feel the noose tighten around my neck a bit… This is the final rehearsal week for the Black History Month tribute show to be held at Justin Key’s church this coming Sunday. Translation: we’re down to the wire, tying up loose ends, trying to complete these last minute tasks, and feeling the pre-show panic. Meanwhile I have to prepare for Barbados. Jaimyon Parker has brought me on board for a new project he’s developing (that is really kick-a$$), and I’m helping him out with some of the preliminary details. Meanwhile I have to prepare for Barbados. I’m waking up everyday and going to work, not necessarily with a smile on my face, but I’m going. Meanwhile I have to prepare for Barbados. And I’m trying out this new thing in 2012 where I actually make an earnest attempt to have a social life. Meanwhile I have to prepare for Barbados. I’m even going so far as to try this thing where you “enjoy the moment.” Hahahaa!! Hahahaa!! Now doesn’t that just sound like a crock?!? I know. I thought only crazy, lazy, unambitious, procrastinators “enjoyed the moment.” I’ve always believed it to be such a care-free, irresponsible way to live, but I’m slowly taking baby-steps to change that methodology. And, personally, I think it’s about the hardest thing I’ve ever tackled. It just goes against everything I believe in, and everything I’ve been taught. I’ve always been a “plan for tomorrow” kind of gal, and never a “live for today” person. God no. The phrase alone makes me want to slap some sense into someone. (I told you this is hard for me.) But I’m trying. I’m making slow attempts, and I’m giving it a whirl. I am so out of my comfort zone that it makes me want to spit, but onward and upward I go. Ya’ll keep your fingers and toes crossed for me on this one!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment