Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

I Double-Dog Dare You



I wish I had the time to write something worthwhile today, but I honestly don’t. I think I’ve been on a mini siesta since the show (because I needed one), and my productivity has suffered because of it. But I managed to slap some sense into myself today by way of a great meeting with a new contact. My amazing friend and colleague, Justin Key, introduced me to a gentleman that has the power to catapult my career into a new dimension, and I got excited – and when I’m excited, I get productive! (Thank God.) So Rip Van Winkle has awaken and is now ready to play the game again in a serious way. February is here and 2012 ain’t stoppin’ for nobody. I don’t know about you, but I’ve vowed to get a piece of the pie she’s serving this year. Plain and simple. A friend and I made the commitment to each other to accomplish one thing a month. ONE thing. Come on, man. You mean to tell me you can’t commit to doing ONE thing?? Of course you can. One, single thing. By the end of the year there will be a list of twelve accomplishments that you can be proud of, and you literally did it one month at a time. That’s my plan, and I’m sticking to it. January? A successful run of STEPPING ON A FEW TOES. And what’s on tap for February? Well, it could be any number of things. Justin Key and I are directing a play he wrote this month. The show is on February 26th, and it will be my life for the next few weeks. That’s not to say I can’t squeeze in another accomplishment (or two). Today is February 3rd, and the month is young. I don’t put any limits on God, because I have no idea what She has in store for me (of course God is a woman – duh!). I just do the work, and stay open to the world of possibility that is before me. So I dare you to take this challenge with me. I dare you to commit to accomplishing one thing every month this year – I dare you. Actually, I double-dog dare you.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment