Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

No time to say "Hello, Goodbye"


Today is May 4th and no one has asked me what new thing(s) I accomplished in April.  I can only assume that you wanted to ask, but you didn’t want to make me feel bad had I accomplished nothing.  Well I thank you for your concern, and I am happy to report April’s news to you today…

Just to recap:

JANUARY
STEPPING ON A FEW TOES successfully completed another run by participating in Whitefire Theatre’s Solofest 2012.

FEBRUARY
I participated in another installment of URBAN LEGENDS, a poetry showcase held several times a year in Hollywood, CA.

I co-directed the short play THE BLACK HISTORY OF POLITICS written by Justin Key.

MARCH
I was a featured guest on the Rare Woman show, and the interview can be heard here: http://gvbradio.com/archives/rarewoman-031612.mp3

APRIL
I worked at this year’s Milk and Bookies (http://www.milkandbookies.org/), which is a celebrity charity event that focuses on literacy and giving books to children that don’t have access to books of their own.  It was a wildly fun event and I was part of a host of character actors brought in to entertain the kids in attendance.  The character I played?  The White Rabbit from Alice Iin Wonderland, and yes – Alice was there with me.  We had a blast.

In addition, I had the great fortune of being the guest on the Rare Woman radio show again last Friday.  Feel free to listen here:  http://gvbradio.com/archives/rarewoman-042712.mp3.

And by the way…I just want to say congrats to me for keeping my promise of “one new accomplishment per month.”  I’d say so far-so good.  We’re in the middle of the second quarter of the year, and I’m still trudging along.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you are too!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment