Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Behind the Scenes


Behind the scenes of a one-person show…  So you really want to know what’s going through my head and what I’m doing four days before the show?  Ok, here goes…

  • unpacking all of my show props and costumes
  • going through all show props and costumes to make certain everything is accounted for
  • taking a car load of props/costumes/décor over to the venue tomorrow so that I’m not fighting to get it all in my car on Friday
  • running my lines
  • running my lines and forcing myself to strike all profanity as per the venue’s request
  • studying each of the 12 characters in the show; making certain I not only remember who they are, but that I also remember their motivations
  • getting in the right head-space/mood to do the show; this means alone time, certain movies, certain music – things that I’ve found prepare me for the emotional marathon of STEPPING ON A FEW TOES
  • writing a new message for the show’s guestbook
  • making the lobby collage
  • making certain I get some cardio in 3-4 times this week to make certain I don’t get physically tired during the performance
  • doing an inventory of all of the show tokens to be sold
  • doing an inventory of all of the lobby posters, reviews and show ads
  • rehearsing, setting tech, and decorating the lobby Friday night
  • resting
  • thanking God for another opportunity to share my story

In a nutshell, that’s what I’ll be up to from now until Saturday’s show.  Saturday’s show?  Ohhhhhh…well in case you didn’t know I’ve got a show this Saturday.  Yep – this one coming up.  Here are the details…

WHEN
Saturday, May 12th @ 12N

WHAT
A special tribute to parents presented by Rare Woman

WHERE
Westchester Christian Church
8740 La Tijera Blvd.
Westchester, CA 90045

FESTIVITIES
Featuring special musical guests, lunch will be served

TICKETS
$20 -- contact Deborah Talley for reservations ph:  323.521.4544

Signing out until Friday…

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment