Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

It’s Behind Me Now






Ok. Can I just start my saying kudos to me? Kudos to me for sticking to my plan to post every Tue/Fri. If no one else wants to pat me on the back, I don’t have a problem doing it myself. I’ve gotten quite good at that over the years. So good that I don’t even mind the sore shoulders anymore. So congrats to you, Jaz! And thank you for keeping your promise to post every Tue/Fri. Job well done!

Yeah, I know. Enough of that. It was beginning to sound a bit ridiculous and overdone. So I had a conversation with a dear friend last evening and he said something very simple, yet very profound. We were discussing some challenges he’d been dealing with and he mentioned that he was still dealing with them, but his response was, “…I’m just putting it behind me.” Those six words said so much to me, but most of all it screamed the word ‘choice.’ Though he was still dealing with some pretty crappy stuff, he’d made the choice to put it behind him, move forward and not dwell. Boy, oh boy…that’s a phrase that’ll be going up on my refrigerator for sure. Not even to get all “Tony Robbins” on you, but we’ll all get thrown some curve balls probably more often than we’d like. The questions have always been: 1)What do you with the curve ball? 2)How does the curve ball affect your mental wellbeing? My comrade has shown be very clearly that making the deliberate decision to put the curve ball and all it’s nonsense behind you delivers unimaginable benefits, and I’m sold! You can’t see me, but I’m waving a firm finger to all of my “junk,” I’m putting my foot down, and I’m moving on. Done and done.

What does any of this have to do with STEPPING ON A FEW TOES, you ask? Well if you’ve seen the show, you know very well what it’s got to do with; if you haven’t…well…ummm…you gotta see the show. But I’m not in Los Angeles, Jasmynne! Ohhhh, stop complaining. We have show supporter packets available to any and all who want them. For a small donation of $20 we will happily have one sent to you asap. Mail us a check or use our Paypal account and you’ll be days away from experiencing everything this show offers. For more info on how to get your packet send Noelle an email, and she’ll get you sorted out (
soft_noelle@yahoo.com).

Yes, I’m aware that I’ll be on stage Thursday. Yes, I’m overwhelmed. Yes, I’m having a hard time focusing. Don’t judge me.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments: