Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Out With a Bang



Well, my friends… The ones that were supposed to be there showed up, and you helped me make history last night. Seriously. Oh. My. Gosh. What!?!? Six runs of this show, and that may have been the best performance I’ve ever given. I’ll say this much, from an actor’s perspective, I’ve never felt more connected with the material than I did last night. I amazed myself – and that’s never happened before. I’m typically satisfied or dissatisfied with a performance, but I’m never ‘amazed’ by anything I do. I figure with a little practice anyone could do it. But last night was different. It really was. And the energy was electric! Whoa! Good grief! I wish I were a more talented writer and had a better command of the English language so that I could accurately convey these sentiments, but ‘whoa’ and ‘good grief’ is about the best I can come up with right now. Man, oh, man… I’m super grateful, thankful, and appreciative for all the love you guys showed me last night. You really, really made my day – cause it had been a pretty rough one right up until I took the stage (more on that later). Catherine Hooper: thank you. Peet Montzingo: you’re an angel. Rane Laymance and Jaimyon Parker: you both have hung in there with me for three gosh-darn years, and I don’t take that lightly. Vince Palmieri: you may well be my number one fan and supporter. What in the world would I do without you? A chance meeting at a theatre has grown into one of the most special friendships of my life. I owe you so much, and I love you to pieces.

So for those that weren’t there? STEPPING ON A FEW TOES went out with a bang! Yeah, we did! It was a spectacular show, an incredible audience, and we couldn’t have been hosted by a better person. Bryan Rasmussen at the Whitefire Theatre…you’re attention to detail is insane and the show was better for it. Thank you everyone for helping to put a huge smile on my face last night. Six runs in three years…I could have never done it without you. Lots of hugs and kisses to all of my fans and supporters!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment