Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It’s Not Like Riding a Bike



Good news to report: the show WILL be going to Barbados! STEPPING ON A FEW TOES will officially be an “international sensation!” (Isn’t that what they call it?) This is extremely exciting news, but the real ‘work’ starts here. They will handle travel and accommodations, but I’ve got to figure out the logistics of getting the costumes and props shipped over there. I’ve also got to begin to get some media contacts out there as well so that there’s sufficient coverage of the event. You certainly don’t perform in Barbados without having press/media coverage. That would almost be a waste, so I’ve really got to get on top of that.

I’m still working with Catherine Hooper and she’s doing the best she can to beat some sense into me on all things ‘online.’ I had no idea that there was so much that I wasn’t aware of. I mean, my goodness, I’m online all the time. I Facebook… I Tweet… But she’s teaching me that having a strong online presence is about so much more. Like: “There’s an app for that.” So the rest of this week will be spent schooling myself and trying to tackle the assignments she’s given me. I feel like she’s forcing me to ride a unicycle perfectly on my first try. No big deal, ‘cause I love a challenge.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment