Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Marketing Strategy



OK, we’re about a week into this 2012 thing and I’ve got mixed feelings. This blog is neither the time or place to vent and go into what’s causing my ill feelings, but just know that I’m still getting my footing over here.

I’m wanting to get some “behind the scenes” video footage on Jan 26th, and I’ve had someone offer to do the filming. Though this person is eager he hasn’t been the most reliable of folks in the past so I’m not holding my breath. I will, however, continue to ask around to see if I can get someone (or more than one) to commit to capturing some footage for me. I think it’s probably the best way to give those that are interested a real taste of “the process.”

That’s really about it. I’ll be living in the town of Promote until Jan 27th. It’s a small, quaint place filled with smiling faces, warm handshakes, and parade floats. Everyone is a salesman here, and every product is the “next best thing.” Keep your fingers crossed that I can convince them all that they will die if they’re not at the Whitefire Theatre at 8pm on January 26th…


My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

1 comment:

  1. Marketing a theater play is like marketing a movie, Jasmynne. Simple, it just needs a playbill or a trailer. People will be swarming all over the theater if the creative team could come up with an awesome trailer. Don't forget to post the soft copies of those marketing tools on your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedln, your personal blogs and so on. Tell your friends to spread the news, too. :) Oh, and by the way, fliers are one effective way also in marketing your show.

    Kevin Beamer

    ReplyDelete