Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tag: I’m It




The marketing and promo continues, and is proving to be successful. But I’ve been doing this for three years, and I’ve learned that you promote right up until you hit the stage. The day of the show there seems to always be a frenzy of activity from last-minute supporters. And trust me, I’m always thankful for it, it would just be nice to not have to be the one dealing with said frenzy. Show day I like to spend my time with me. Thinking…praying…preparing…that’s a perfect show day for me, and I have yet to experience one like that. For the past three years right up until I take the stage I’ve been the “it” person. Overseeing…managing…organizing… Definitely one of the draw-backs of self-producing a solo show: you’re it. You are the beginning, the middle, and the end. If it has to get done at the end of the day you are the one that has to do it. It’s all a part of paying your dues right? That’s what I heard someone say once, not sure if I believe it or not…

I got communication from Barbados, and things are looking hopeful. My liaison is trying to turn the trip into a three-city tour – which, of course, would be awesome. As I learn more I’ll keep you posted.

I will be teaching a new class this year: BUILDING YOUR ONE PERSON SHOW. Classes will begin in February, and I’m hosting a free orientation on January 30th for those that want to come and get some info. I’ve got a One-Month Beginner’s Class as well as a Three-Month Advanced Intensive which is geared toward those that are seriously trying to write and mount a solo show. I’m very excited about the new class sessions. So many have been asking me to teach a class on this for some time now, and I’m looking forward to the fun we’ll be having. That’s it for today!!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment