Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Happy

So I had a conference call with my team last evening to discuss the applicants for the PA position, and we reached an agreement. So that’s one thing that I can now check off of my list. Now I’ve got to inform those that we won’t be bringing on, as well as delivering the good news to the other. I’ve printed off some sample employment contracts this morning to use as a guide, and hopefully I’ll have something I’m happy with by tomorrow.

I heard from my UK contact that has given me some excellent leads to pursue for taking the show there. I’ve got to follow up with the contact person I was given, and then pursue the theatre leads that he mentioned as well. That will involve a round of emails and mailing press packets. (Thank God I’m bringing someone on.) I was thinking that I need to get more duplications of the show DVD made. If we’re going to be sending out press packages to colleges and abroad, I need to make sure I’m well stocked on all materials. I see a trip to Office Depot in my future.

I was completely unproductive yesterday, and am feeling it today. Luckily, today is my “Friday” at work, so I’ll have some time to focus on some things and hopefully get (somewhat) caught up on the pressing stuff by Sunday. I meet with Jaimyon tomorrow on the websites and I still have some info to gather for that meeting as well. I’ve got to send an email to that staff member to let them know we will no longer be needing their services (not even sure how to write one of those messages). My goal today is to find something good, something positive to focus on. I feel like I’m on the brink of unraveling, so I’ve got to hang on to whatever shred of sensibility I have. Thank God for the holidays!! This is my FAVORITE time of year! Christmas tunes… Christmas lights… Christmas movies… Nothing seems to keep me in high spirits like holidays. I’m looking forward to putting up my décor (that will probably never come down), and listening to holiday tunes 24/7. Good times!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment