Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

It’s a Marvelous Monday

Today is a good day (thank you, Cube). I woke up on the right side of the bed, and my outlook is positive. I spent most of yesterday doing phone interviews for a Production Assistant. I tip my hat to anyone that works in HR and interviewing is a major aspect of your job. WoW. I guess it's equivalent to casting in my world...not an easy task, that's for sure. But you talk to enough people and the "greats" easily separate themselves from the "mediocres." I've got two awesome candidates from yesterday's interviews, and I'm hoping to finish the others today.

I was feeling very overwhelmed yesterday, but today I'm feeling revived and hopeful. I'm having to make some team member changes -- and I know it's a little late to be doing so, but I've got to go with my gut. The suckie part (and best part) of self-producing is having to make all the decisions by yourself. If it works: I get all the credit. If it flops: I'm to blame. I'm getting no expert advice from trailblazers that have gone before me... I don't have a business degree... I didn't study marketing and public relations... I'm a heath-nut that loves being creative. I'm forging my own path, and praying to God all the while for guidance (‘cause I certainly don't know what I'm doing).

Goals for this week are to hire a PA, meet with Jaimyon to get my websites updated, and settle on a new logo for my name (which is coming very well). It's gonna be a busy one, but hopefully a very productive one. I've got my fingers crossed!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment