Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy, Happy – Joy, Joy

People always make such a big deal about Friday, TGIF and so forth. I’ve never really gotten into it myself, but I am feeling awful grateful this morning. I got a voice message from a dear friend, Justin Key (www.justindkey.com), this morning, and it was just the surge of energy I needed to do what I have to do to finish up this year on the right track. I’m still sitting here incredibly happy for him, and the whole thing reminded me just how important it is to surround yourself with like-minded individuals – whatever that means for you. For me it means I MUST be around other go-getters. Other people that have ridiculously big dreams. Other people that aren’t afraid to stand for something even if that means standing alone. I am most centered and most productive when I’m spending the bulk of my time with those sorts of people. I just had to check myself, that’s all.

Anywho, there is some good news. Barbara Joas will be joining my team as Marketing Coordinator! Yaayy!! I am very excited about this new addition! She was one of the folks that submitted for the PA position, and she possesses a skill set that I just couldn’t pass up. Welcome, Barbara! I am very excited to begin working with you!

Other good news: I’ve been given a contact in the UK to begin conversations on how to get my show there. This is huge. It’s been a dream for me to perform all over the world, and with Barbados and the UK as possibilities for 2012, I may well be on my way. I very excited to how this unfolds.

Back to the administrivia…I have to draft my Employment Contract (I finally settled on one), a Confidentiality Agreement, Time Sheet, Workflow Log, and a Duties and Responsibilities document among other things. I’ve got a meeting scheduled with Barbara this Sunday and there is much work to do between now and then. But it will get done.

Now I’m off to finish those last minute things before my meeting with Jaimyon later today, and I think my weekend is officially off to a great start. Happy, happy – joy, joy!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

2 comments: