Search This Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

My Puzzle Pieces



I woke up a little late this morning; well rested, but a little late. Not too worry, I still made it to the gym, to the post office, and back home in time to get the funk off of me before I met with Peet. We had a good meeting, and he gave the thumbs-up on the brochure that I’ve created. He inspired me to (once again) submit to some talent managers, so I sent emails to about 40 or so. I’ll try to send out another round or two before the weekend is over.

I was advised, last year, to write a book. For more reasons than one, it’s a great marketing tool for an artist, especially one that is touring for whatever the reason. I took it to heart, and hoped the story of STEPPING ON A FEW TOES would magically write itself in book form. As you may have guessed, that hasn’t happened, and it may be awhile before I’m able to get it done just the way that I’d like. But over the past few days another book idea has come to me, and I’m gonna pursue it. Actually two product marketing tools have come to mind. The book, and another that I won’t mention until it’s complete (which will =hopefully= be soon). This book should just about write itself, so it’s not the content that I’m too worried about. It’s the business end of publishing that is all new to me. But I’m not afraid. I’m gonna tackle this thing head-on, keep my fingers crossed, and pray that the pieces fall into place just the way they are meant to. I’m pretty excited about the book (not only because it will mean I’m a published author) because if no one else enjoys it, this is gonna be one that I, myself, will probably read over and over again. Oooo!! Wish I could say more – but I can’t, not just yet.

Ok, that’s all for now. Thank you to the 7 people that are reading this blog. You guys rock!!

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment