Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slightly Overwhelmed; Slightly Productive

So yesterday wasn’t quite as productive as I’d hoped. I was able to get two more PA interviews in; with a sad attempt at a third (I was apparently dialing the wrong number repeatedly). Tomorrow is hump-day (I hate that expression) and I’d so like to be done with the interviews by then. Not just because I clearly don’t like doing them, but because I want to spend some real time mulling over the decision. As I’ve told each candidate my goal is to bring someone on long-term. I really want it to be a good fit for both of us; so I want to take my time with deciding. And I get it…it’s not like they’ll be making money hand over fist. I know this. But I also know that STEPPING ON A FEW TOES will soon be a money machine. That, I’m clear on. So whoever I bring on…I’m beginning to sound like a broken record. You get it. I’m looking for a team member, and a long-term comrade. In addition, I’ve got to draft some kind of Employment Contract. Not even sure where to start on that one, and I don’t even need anything all that involved, but I do want to have something in place so that we’re clear on expectations from the get go.

I’ve got 30 minutes before I’ve got to head out to go tutor. Yes, you heard me correctly. I (1)work a day job… (2)am a private tutor… (3)am the answer-man for S.O.F.T… (4)am the Production Coordinator for WIND IN THE WILLOW TREE. There really isn’t enough time in the day. Honestly. In addition to settling in on a PA, I’ve also got a few more things I need to pull together to get ready for my meeting with Jaimyon on Friday. AND I need to finalize a list of schools to solicit for the S.O.F.T. tour. I’m feeling more and more confident in the “staff changes” that I mentioned earlier, and I feel like I’m gonna be ok. It really feels like the right thing to do. Ok, my phone just rang, and I’ve got an interview to conduct, so this is all for today.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

No comments:

Post a Comment