Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Come Journey With Me

I’ve tried blogging on several occasions, and it’s never really worked out for me. I actually like writing, I just don’t like writing about me. And I hate the pressure (that I’m apparently imposing on myself) of feeling like I’ve got to blog everyday. Geez. I’m not that interesting. Really, I’m not. I can’t think of a soul that would want to hear my daily thoughts, mishaps, and rantings. The people I call friends aren’t even interested in talking to me everyday. So you see my dilemma. Well…I’m at it again. But this time I actually have a purpose. The goal of this blog is to give you an inside look into the world of STEPPING ON A FEW TOES (www.steppingontoes.com). (Just FYI, I often times refer to the show as simply, S.O.F.T.) S.O.F.T. is my autobiographical one-woman show that opened for the first time in Hollywood, CA May 2009. I’ve been performing it ever since (not continuously) and am now gearing up to take the show on the road in 2012. I realize this blog comes about three years late, but what do you want from me? I’m a solo ship, and I can’t think of everything. And even if I had thought of blogging about the show in December 2008, I wouldn’t have had the time to keep it up, that’s for sure! Getting from concept to being nominated for Best One Person Show by the National NAACP Theatre Awards has been no easy task. I have had to work my hind parts off and go without sleep, food, rent money, and sanity (and sometimes all at the same time). But if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. Of course I would. There are some adjustments I would probably make, but I would no doubt be willing to work just as hard with just as much sacrifice. It has definitely not been easy, but it has certainly been worth it. So for the five people that may eventually end up reading this, I hope you enjoy it. I hope you’ve learned something about self-producing, and I hope you stop by again.

My name is Jasmynne Shaye, and this is me STEPPING ON A FEW TOES.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's good to write about yourself without worrying about what people think or whether they would find it interesting. I realize the purpose of this blog is to display the "one-woman" show, but sometimes it's good just to write about yourself and read it back. You'd be surprised at what you can learn about yourself this way.

    ReplyDelete